Friday, September 3, 2010

Blown Bulb

Oy.

Just frickin' oy.

I'm exhausted.  I'm beyond exhausted.  I'm drained.  Life has been kickin' me squarely in the buttocks, and what Life has left over others have taken.  If I had more juice I'd be overwhelmed, but I can't even get it up enough for that.  

There just always seems to be someone who wants a piece of me.  I've stepped up to the plate more than my fair share of times.  Expectations, questions, favors... UGH.

I've blown a bulb.  Somewhere in me there is a bulb out.  The light has dimmed.  If my Give-a-Damn wasn't on the fritz I'd be right on it, but...  Well, I'm sure you know how it goes.

Wahoo is going away for about a week.  I think that time of empty space and quiet will help me refocus my energies.

What do you guys do when you're running on empty?  What recharges your battery?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

rraSleep, sleep, rest, eat, move a little and then rest.

I'm at the same point you are and having rested, I'm finding my way out. Meditation is helping. But I'm intermittent (at best) with my practice. Yet what little I do helps.

Anonymous said...

I am on my way to finish the last ten pages of a book then to bed. But I needed to jump in here and give you a hug plus a warm "oh Honey." I am not generally a very huggy person, but this is an emergency. So, there ya go.
Please do use this time as a gift to yourself. Rest, eat stuff you love, sit with the furry babies. And please..... ask for help if you feel the need.
Hey, do you have running water any place sorta close by? River, stream, canal, gutters even? That might help recharge you too.
Be Well
Julie

Unknown said...

I agree...meditation. I've got a lovely biofeedback-y mp3 that I play when I want to re-center. I listen to it when I'm driving to work on what I know is going to be a "bad day". I'll email it to you, if you'd like.

Life's no fun when you're down to unwrapping your last brain cell. *hugs* to you!

- Stormy (a.k.a. Bacon Sex Betty)

It's a Meow World said...

@Sarah - I do enjoy meditating, but like you do it intermittently. I'm going to find a way to give myself a time slot for meditation and for writing each day. It could help improve my self care. Good luck getting back on your feet. :)

@Julie - I'm generally not a very huggy person either, but sometimes it's you just need one. Thank you :) I'm going to use this time to push the reset button, and just find some peace.

I live right next to a stream and about a mile from the Delaware River. We had a stream that ran along our property when I was a kid. I always loved spending time there. Once again you've given me the perfect suggestion.

Thank you very much, Julie! It means the world. :)

@Stormy - You're right - life is no fun when you're running on empty, and I really don't like to live my life this way. I like to be positive, and look forward to the adventures that each day brings. I'm looking forward to some me time.

My email is CatherineScott17 at hotmail dot com. I'd love to hear the MP3. I don't have anything like that, so I'm quite interested.

Thank you. :)


Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

B said...

i wish i had an answer but I have a few burned out bulbs as well. i'm hoping that in two weeks i'll get a phone call saying "we want to hire you, to pay you more, and to not make you do the work of seven people" and that'll screw a couple back in....