Friday, September 17, 2010

Photo Friday - Sanctity


One beautiful summer day I came upon this doe, who had found a peaceful spot in the shade of an apple tree.  I stopped my truck, and she allowed me to take a few photos.  I consider this moment, and the photo, a treasured gift.

I have a lot of photos of deer.  Not only are they incredibly beautiful and graceful creatures, but they are wonderful subjects for their emotive skills.  The majestic calm of this doe is just radiant.   Some folks might say it's just a picture of a deer.  To me, it's so much more.

I usually use this photo as my avatar.  I consider it a visual representation of the peace within that I'm constantly striving to achieve.  Some days I get there.  Some days I don't.  Either way this photo is a great reminder, as well as a goal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice reminder, as well as goal. It's so peaceful and yet says so much. Lovely. Just lovely.
I was sitting on the couch this afternoon (reading a book of course), with the front door open, and three deer ran up the road. Like ran, super fast. It was sort of thrilling, by association, since I was, ya know, just sitting on the couch.
Julie

It's a Meow World said...

I have a real fascination with deer. I have hundreds of deer photos. It's amazing how quietly they make their way through our world, until they're not so quiet! Watching how graceful they are I sometimes forget exactly how BIG they are, too.

I've had deer come right up onto my front porch and eat my pumpkins without even knowing they were there. Well, at least until I found the pumpkin remains. ;)