Friday, September 24, 2010

Photo Friday - Roundabout


This is a personal favorite of mine.  I snapped this about 5 years ago at my local County Fair with an dinosaur of a digital camera.  It's been entered in a local photography competition where it took 1st place in it's category.  My first photography competition.  Yay. :)

I love going to the Fair.  I love walking around taking in the sights, sounds and smells of it all. The Fair is a must for me, especially after taking up photography as a serious hobby.  There are two County Fairs that I frequent each year, and I go a few times per Fair.  One of these days I'd love to go on a County Fair tour.  Won't Wahoo just love that?! 

When it comes to the Fair I have a tradition that I must keep to, though.  I must start at the back of the Fair where the animals are housed.  I must look at, coo over, pet and love on as many animals as possible.  I try to get photos, too.

I love watching the games and rides, but am not big on participating.  The Carousel is just about my speed.  I love the artistry of each horse, including their names.  Carousels are one of my favorite subjects at the Fair to photograph.  There is just something so Old World and Magical about a Carousel.

I may do photos on more than just Fridays.  I have so many just hanging out in a file, locked away in digital storage.  Just seems a shame.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH yes you have to share more. Award winning indeed! Great pictures. I am really bad with my camera, but that leaves me much room for improvment- lol. My youngest daughter starts off the same way you do, which means we see all the animals too.
Julie

It's a Meow World said...

Thanks, Julie. The animals are the best! :) Wahoo indulges me, greatly.

I'm hoping to have more time in November for blogging more. Last week was busy - made two trips to the ER with my mother, and now this week is filling up with her follow up appointments.

My dad's surgery is coming up next week, and I have no idea what to expect. Then there is Halloween - which is a big frickin' deal in this house!

Until then I thought maybe more pics.

Anonymous said...

Good call. Go with pictures and don't stress over the small shit. Remember, in all of this care-taking, to take care of YOU.
Julie