Monday, August 23, 2010

Fun Places to Virtually Hang Out

Here are some of my favorite sites.  When I'm not hanging around Lucy March's blog, Argh Ink or over at Popcorn Dialogues, I can be found at one of the following sites...


I love reading about adventurous women!  That's what hooked me over at Lucy March's blog.  Yes, Alpha Betty I am talking about you.  Of course I had no idea I would be meeting so many other incredible and adventurous women by continuing to go there. ;)  Betties rock!

Here are some other chicks that rock:

The Daily Coyote is a blog I found after reading the beautifully written book by the same title.  Shreve Stockton is an interesting woman who has chosen to live in the wilds of Wyoming.  She was given an orphaned coyote pup to raise, and she begins photographing him as he grows. 

Honey Rock Dawn is another blog by  Shreve.  This blog is about her life on the farm and her farmily.  It's chock full of stories and pictures of her cows, goose, horses and other critters she comes across.  Shreve is an interesting woman, and a total Betty. ;)

Vespa Vagabond is another Shreve Stockton blog.  This one details her journey from San Francisco to New York on her Vespa. That's an adventurous spirit!  This one has great pics, too.


One Girl Trucking this is a great site about a girl and her truck.  I found this through Shreve's blog.  Some of the photos are just breath taking.  Confession:  when I was a teenage I wanted to become a truck driver.  Reading this blog gives me a vicarious thrill.  I still want to get my CDL, and maybe one day hit the road. ;)

Fun for entertaining, event planning or just drooling.

Cupcakes Take the Cake is one of my all time favorite blogs.  Julie mentioned it the other day when we were taking cupcakes and duck butts.  Over the years I've spent so much time here.   They have all things cupcake - photos, videos, t-shirts, storage containers and even a link to a cozy mystery series set in a cupcake bakery.


Bakerella is a fun site about baking and baking stuff.  Before you all get the wrong idea - I don't really bake.  I just love looking at the decorations, cake stands and other stuff.  It's fun. :)

Hostess with the Mostess is a fun blog about entertaining.  Fun stuff and pretty pictures.

Just for fun.

Disapproving Rabbits is a hysterical blog that has new pictures daily.  The rabbits are adorable and the captions hysterical.  I love this site.  I don't know how I found it, but I love it!  Makes me wanna get a bunny.


Stumble Upon - You will lose days here.  It's so very cool.  I've found some of the most interesting pages.  The Overdrive Interactive Social Media Map was a fun find, it's a great reference page to navigate the world of online social networking.  I love finding great photos on Stumble Upon.  I've found  grafetti art, moms in the wild and misbehaving princesses.  You just never know what you'll stumble upon next.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Telling you this, not to ruin your day, but because if it was me, I would want to know. Some of the links aren't working. Let's blame it on Mercury, and not the pig this time.
Julie

Unknown said...

Found you as a link on Julie's blog. Loved your "about me" - so much so that I, in fact, quoted it. http://stormygonzales.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/belief/

It's a Meow World said...

Hi Julie!
Thanks for the heads up about the links. I decided to do absolutely nothing about it. I'm having a rough few weeks, and have decided that the little things can kiss my...well, you know. ;)

Hi Stormy!

I'm incredibly flattered, and tickled that you would quote me on your blog. Thank you. :) Look for my comment on your blog!

~Cat

Anonymous said...

Good choice Sweetie, I'll say it with you.... non-working links can just kiss my ass.
There. Now, go feel better. Ask for help if you need it!!!
Julie

It's a Meow World said...

Thanks, Julie :) Asking for help is something my therapist says I need to work on. It's on the list.

I owe you an email, expect one soon. :)


>^..^<