Friday, February 4, 2011

THINK PINK FRIDAY - Please

I've mentioned that I live in a rural area.  When one family faces a tragedy or adversity the shock wave affects the whole community.  It's like throwing a rock into a pond.  Those closest to the center feel it most, but those ripples work their way through the whole pond.


A few years ago I worked with a great group of folks.  We eventually went our own ways, but would see each other around.  We'd play catch up in the produce aisle or exchange greetings while passing on the street.  One of those friends is now facing breast cancer.

Kara is only 29 years old with two small daughters - 2 yrs and 7 mos.  Her husband is a great guy who worships her.  They've faced each adversity life has hurled at them head on with a smile.  They are a beautiful family, inside and out.

Kara is having a procedure done today and is asking all her friends to wear pink today.  I'm asking all my friends to THINK PINK today.  She is incredibly brave.  Just this evening she changed her Facebook status to a pic of her with her two little girls all wearing pink breast cancer t-shirts.  She wore this shirt with a beautiful smile on her face:

 


Honestly, I don't know if I'd be as courageous.  I'm pretty sure I'd be a big ole flippin' snotty mess.  She's my hero.  Please keep her in your thoughts today.

Any and all FGBVs, thoughts, prayers and healing energies would be gratefully accepted.  I believe in the power of The Betties. Thanks! :)

3 comments:

lora96 said...

Wow. FGBV's to Kara and to you. I'm wearing pink today for her.

Delia said...

FGBVs to your friend, Cat. I'll keep her in my prayers.

It's a Meow World said...

@Lora - Thank you - every last bit o' pink helps! I know everyone's prayers, thoughts, vibes and positive energy are making a difference!


@Delia - Thank you so much! She, her husband and their little ones need all the prayers they can get.