Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Time to Learn




A few weeks back I organized a Chalk Walk event for a local town. The event is real simple and can be a lot of fun. You get some professional artists, amateur artists, people who just fiddle with drawings and children together to create a canvas of creativity that runs up one side of the street and down the other. This town happens to be quite small so the event takes up it's entire Main Street.

While walking the chalk gallery and taking promotional photos I found this incredible exhibit that stopped me in my tracks. Children have such a profound way about them. I wish we could pass a law that said all the suits in Washington (this goes for State gov't too) had to spend some time on a playground with a bunch of kids each week. They would have to ask the children questions about world problems, but frame them in a non-threatening manner. These politicians should then have to consider the advice given while formulating a coarse of action. It's their world we're screwing up so maybe they should have a say now, not later when it's our mess they'll be mopping up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Awesome - you must be very proud. It's great that you were able to organize something like this. My son would have enjoyed it.

It's a Meow World said...

Thanks! Kids love this event, and they're enjoyment is one of my biggest inspirations. I'm afraid that I'm my worst critic so I'm always looking where I could improve my events. However, I am always incredibly proud of Mr. Wahoo's participation each year. I'll be posting pics of his stuff later today.