Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cow Baby Polka Dotted Hillside

Took this picture about a month ago. The spring calves are really nestled into the hillside resting and catching some rays. Made me kinda jealous.

Did you know... Cow mommas take turns babysitting the herd's babies. One momma cow will stay with the babies while the other mommas graze. This gives each momma time for some nutrition and self care.


Cows are amongst the gentlest of breathing creatures;
none show more passionate tenderness to their young
when deprived of them; and, in short, I am not ashamed
to profess a deep love for these quiet creatures.
Thomas de Quincey

3 comments:

It's a Meow World said...

The picture should be bigger, but I can't figure out how to do that. Sorry.

Deborah Blake said...

Awwww. When I first moved into my house, there were young dairy cows in the pasture behind the house. We used to have long conversations.

Me: Hello, girls!

Cows: Moo.

Well, I thought they were conversations, anyway.

WitchyBetty coming to visit

lora96 said...

Cow babies are cute.
i grew up on a farm with beef cattle. so i am NOT allowed to name them. lol