Monday, September 15, 2008

Saving not wanted or appreciated........

Ok, I have a major bitch coming here so if you are faint of heart turn back. I received a message from a complete stranger, whom I had no previous contact with, trying to tell me the word of God. REALLY?!?

I have a major problem with people who try to recruit me, save me, or convert me because they happen to know THE WAY. Oh, get over yourself. I have a relationship with God and it's none of your friggin' business! I choose to align myself with NO RELIGION. Much like Brooke Shields in the those scandalous CK commercials, nothing comes between me and God. That's MY way. And there is not a damn thing wrong with that.

You see, the Creator gave us this funky little thing called Free Will. Then come along those funny Founding Fathers who decided that Freedom of Religion was a good idea. So then why, in the year 2008 do my fellow Americans seem to believe that their faith is better than mine? Who has the right to pass judgment of my very private and personal relationship with my Creator???

Lesson for those to learn, don't email me and not expect to get a taste of my wraith. Don't knock on my door and mistake kindness for weakness. I don't want your pamphlet or your blessing. Just because I don't wear my faith on my sleeve like some kind of adornment doesn't mean it is weak or up for negotation.

Isn't that what church is for? For like minded people to congregate and enjoy each other's company and beliefs? Why is that not enough?

No comments: